Re: Multiple Network Configs

I have not used DHCP, but I have ha good luck configuring the
pcmcia-cs package with different schemes - one for home, one for work,
one for client A, etc.  Then before inserting the pcmcia card, I
just say "cardctl scheme home", insert the card, and it takes care of
setting all the parameters(see /etc/pcmcia/network.opts).  I have a
generic one for ppp that sets no ip address, and use "pon isp_name"
(configure /etc/ppp/peer/isp_name and /etc/chatscripts/isp_name).
This way ppp sets all the parameters/route/etc. (I use a combo
ethernet/modem card)

Let me know if you need examples or have further questions.  It may
not be the prettiest solution, but I understand how it works, and more
importantly, it does work.

	     -Jim Jensen    jwjensen@home.com