Re: My new Acer TM 512T

Hans, hi

Good to hear of your success.

> - get X working (NeoMagic MagicMedia256AV. I got the right driver from
> RedHat's ftp site - XFCom-neomagic-glibc-2_0_0-1_i386.tgz -  but no luck in
> installing them. Still "320x204")

Support for your video h'ware is included in the latest SVGA driver from
XFree86. My Toshiba has the same h'ware and the SVGA driver correctly
probes its various features and works well. I've used it with 24-bit
colour - the h'ware only goes up to 24-bit anyway - but reverted to
16-bit because Netscape Communicator's icons look awful in 24-bit. I got
the SVGA driver as part of the 'potato' (unstable) release of Debian.

Regards

Lloyd