Re: Problems getting ACPI support to work on a HP Pavilion

On Thursday 05 June 2003 16:45, mike dentifrice wrote:
> Niko Schmuck disait :
> > Setting the System clock using the Hardware Clock as
> > reference...
>
> The RTC (realtime clock) driver is responsable for this. You
> should recompile your kernel without it...

Thanks, Mike, for your tipp, unfortunately that didn't make any
difference :-(

Anyway I got now the ACPI patch (Dec '02) working with a stock
2.4.20 kernel with a debian testing/unstable system. I also tried
to compile the 2.4.21-rc3 with the newest ACPI patch (23th May),
but that stopped the boot procedure in the same manner:

[...]
Mounting local filesystems...
nothing was mounted
[...]
Setting the System clock using the Hardware Clock as reference...

What really surprises me, is that I did use the same Kernel
parameters (.config) as starting point that did work with 2.4.20.

Has someone discover the same strangeness, or know how to get more
details about why the root (ext3) partition couldn't be mounted?

Thanks,
Niko