Re: upgrading Xfree86 4.2 to 4.3 the debian way, intel extreme graphics

On Tue, 3 Jun 2003, Lloyd Dizon wrote:
> Is there a specific way of upgrading XFree 4.2 to 4.3
> with Debian testing branch?

Well, there is a current development effort to get XFree86 4.3 packaged,
so you could install those binaries or rebuild them from the deb-src
packages.

Check the 'debian-x' list archives on the Debian site for the location.

> Or can I just install the 4.3 binaries over the existing installation
> and configure everything as written in the manual?

There are a number of patches to XFree86 applied to bring it into line
with Debian expectations. I would not advise installing existing
binaries from anywhere but the pre-release packages.

         Danel

--
Far more thought and care go into the composition of any prominent ad in a
newspaper or magazine than go into the writing of their features and