Re: Which Desktop replacement.

On Tue, 28 May 2002, Jeff wrote:

> Jeremy Zawodny, 2002-May-27 23:40 -0700:
> >
> > The Thinkpad 600E I'm using has been with me 2.5 years and is still
> > going strong.  Over that time I've added memory (up to 512MB now) and
> > upgraded the disk (20GB).  But it's still plenty fast for what I do.
> > I just wish I had built-in ethernet.
>
> I don't know how the Sony Viao's hold up, but this system sure looks
> cool:
>
> http://www.sonystyle.com/vaio/grx/index.shtml

My Viao is much more fragile than my 600x (which is almost exactly the
same as a 600e).  This is especially noticable in the keyboard; the left
shift key on the viao failed recently, while the IBM is just as good as
new, even though it is a year older.  I frequently regret my decision not
to get a T-series; the T23 is sweet...

	/cco