Re: Fujitsu

Shawn

Yes, I really don't see why the UK should be left out.
Surely by excluding certain countries, major companies such as Fujitsu and
Sony must really loose alot of business each year.
I bet executive decisions like that cost alot of jobs.
However, it isn't impossible to buy these cool notebook computers, it just
takes more time and more money.
I really think Sony and Fujitsu need to re-establish resellers of their tiny
notebooks in the UK and other countries or atleast give us the opportunity
to order over the net. I think it is very bad to restrict deliveries to the
US only.

I still use a Toshiba Libretto 70CT, it is a little slow but spares are
easily available. I know companies who sell replacement parts for these
cheap in the UK so I still use it and god knows I have taken enough of these
apart to probably build my own custom Libretto, they are not that hard to
understand, and battery life is pretty good. Toshiba are the same as Sony
and Fujitsu in the same way that I would have bought the upgraded model the
Libretto M3 if it was available in other countries other than Japan. I
cannot imagine using a portable computer much larger than the Libretto which
is why I would like the Fujitsu P1000 series notebook, its about the same
size. The Libretto has an easy mouse pointer on the right side of the screen
which is very comfortable to use and double the size of the pointer in the
middle of the keyboard of the Fujitsu, but the touch screen makes up for
that. However, the larger 2046 model has a CD/DVD/Rewriter and double the
ram which makes it far more practical at only $200 dollars more but this
makes it harder for me to choose which one to buy. I am told the keyboards
are very nice to type with on the Lifebooks so that may be a bonus in
itself.
I wonder why they removed the parallel and serial port, I can live without
the parallel port because I do alot of infrared printing and I have only
used a parallel port for one othing thing and that was transferring files
with a Laplink cable, but the only way around the serial port is to plug in
a USB to serial converter, strange!

I hope the price of the P series Lifebooks will go down soon, it may be
worth me hanging on a little longer.

Nick