Re: X acceleration on a S3 savage IX/MV

On Sunday 19 May 2002 5:57 pm, Alex Bernson wrote:
> I have a Toshiba satellite 2800-s201 laptop with sid on it.  Everything
> works fine except for acceleration on X. I'm using XFree86 4.1 with the
> savage driver, and everything works fine, except when I try to play 3d
> games such as tux racer.  Tux Racer runs incredibly slow, somewhere
> around 1 frame per second.  Is there anything I can do, or am I just
> going to have to live with no games?

Alex

I think you'll have to put up with limited games :( I'm in the same
situation with my Vaio SR21K and it looks like DRI & OpenGL aren't going
to happen for it anytime soon. The best info I've found on this is from
http://www.probo.com/timr/savage40.html

Regards, Martin
--
martin@dbg400.net  jamaro@firstlinux.net  http://www.dbg400.net        /"\
DBG/400 - DataBase Generation utilities - AS/400 / iSeries Open        \ /