Re: Dell Inspiron 2500 and potato

Derek Broughton <derek_broughton@hotmail.com> wrote on 13/05/2002 (15:38) :
> From: "Preben Randhol" <randhol@pvv.org>
>
> > Woody is stable. And when released in some weeks it will be the new
> > stable distribution and then security fixes will only be towards woody.
>
> I think it'll be more than a few weeks - it has to go to "frozen" first.

Huh it isn't frozen, but they were supposed to get it out at 1. May and
what was said was that they had almost all ready except some key parts.
I'm confused.

> No problems related to Woody, that is :-)  ACPI is still non-functional
> (Dell's fault, not the ACPI developers) - but there's no ACPI in potato at
> all, I think.

Huh I thought that it was due to that the ACPI isn't very developed yet
which was the reason why it didn't work. I don't think it is Dells
fault. APM on the otherhand fits your description.

Well if you want a stable system at least you should get a kernel and
recompile it by hand to suite your system. I don't see why you cannot
install a 2.4 kernel in potato. Besides you should get alsa to get sound
support.

Preben