Re: Re[2]: Driver for winmodem smartlink Hamr 5600

On Sun, 2002-05-12 at 16:57, Riccardo Gusso wrote:
> the directory, then 'make' and 'make install'. The device ttySL0 was
> created with no problems. But when I try to test the modem
> with 'echo AT > /dev/ttySL0' my notebook does not respond anymore.
> Do you suggest not to do 'make install', to move the modules manually,

I'm not to sure about the 'echo' part... try testing the modem with
minicom, and also include the output of 'dmesg' after the modules are
loaded (only last +- 10 lines)

When I fire up minicom (configured to use /dev/ttySL0) the modem
responds just fine on ATZ and ATDT commands (i've dialing in and all)

--
Mark Janssen -- maniac(at)maniac.nl -- GnuPG Key Id: 357D2178
Unix / Linux, Open-Source and Internet Consultant @ SyConOS IT