Re: Can I use Debian for...

* Bret Comstock Waldow

| I need a recent, stock kernel to use the drivers for the Ultracam with
| Linux.

The Ultraport connector is really an USB connector.  I think it would
work fine out of the box.

|  I want to have a Netmeeting compatible videoconferencing client
| (so my friends can contact me reliably)

gnomemeeting for instance?

| and a MS Messenger compatible IM client - preferably one that also
| allows the voice connection with Messenger as well as text IM.  My
| friends will be using MS Windows something, with Netmeeting and
| Messenger - they can't use Linux on their end.

I like gabber, that is a jabber client and jabber har AIM, ICQ etc
gateways.  Also, there is gaim and other clients.

--
Tollef Fog Heen                                                  ,''`.
                                                                : :' :