Re: fn keys in FX270

On Thu, 2002-04-25 at 15:49, David Poisson wrote:
> I was playing around with xev to see the keycodes that the FN+SoundUp,
> FN+SoundDown keys would give on my Dell Inspiron 4100 and it didn't
> register any events whatsoever. Does anyone knows if this would be
> something handled by X events or lower (eg: contact the maintainer of
> the Dell Inspiron Laptop kernel patch).

Go to the console (Ctrl-Alt-F1) and log in as root.

Now press the buttons.... if the kernel prints something in the line of
unrecognized keycode 0E ??

then you need to add these keycodes to the kernel (or ask the maintainer
of the dell patch to do it for you)

It's in <linuxsrc>/drivers/char/pc_keyb.c

Just patched my own kernel this week to support the keys on my clevo
laptop this way.

--
Mark Janssen    Unix / Linux, Open-Source and Internet Consultant @
SyConOS IT