Re: Fun and excitement with Dell Latitude C600

also sprach David Z Maze <dmaze@debian.org> [2002.04.02.2058 +0200]:
> lspci says "Multimedia audio controller: ESS Technology ES1983S
> Maestro-3i PCI Audio Accelerator (rev 10)"; I use the ALSA
> snd-card-maestro3 driver with it.

shoot, mine's got an intel chip i believe. anyway, have you tried the
kernel's own driver? it's doing it's thing very happily on a C800 over
here, and the C{6,8}00 pair is kinda the same inside...

i am willing to make the mistakes
if someone else is willing to learn from them.