Port replicator on Gateway 9300

I have a Gateway Solo 9300 and MD-3 port replicator. I'd love to be able
to use the replicator with Linux for something more than a place to
connect the AC adaptor <g>. What is necessary in order to use the video,
mouse and keyboard ports on the replicator?

My system is running woody with a 2.2.19 kernel. I've been unsuccessful
getting 2.4.x compiled and working. The 2.4.x kernel compiles, but the
PCMCIA package won't.

Any help is appreciated.

--
Darryl L. Pierce <mcpierce@telocity.com>