Re: Please help: Debian Reference Card Turkish translation

* W. Borgert [2004-08-15 09:36:08+0000]
> On Sun, Aug 15, 2004 at 08:48:46AM +0300, Recai Oktas wrote:
> > FYI, here is the required LaTeX preamble for Turkish:
> >
> > 	\usepackage[latin5]{inputenc}
> > 	\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
> > 	\usepackage[turkish]{babel}
>
> Thanks!  The input I got from Murat has iso-8859-9 encoding,
> not '-5'.  What is better/more suitable?  (Currently, the

No difference indeed, 'latin5' is a (confusing) alias for the Turkish
ISO encoding 'iso-8859-9'.  But regarding the LaTeX, 'inputenc' uses
latinN aliases instead of ISO (may be for historical reasons), though we
should include the ISO code in *.dbk.

> Turkish version does not compile, as LaTeX complains about
> an "Illegal parameter number in definition of \reserved@a"
> when using the hyperref package.)

This is a known bug of hyperref AFAIK (or Turkish babel interface, not
sure which one).  Anyway, we should try to find a way to workaround it.

Cheers,

--
roktas