Re: How do you do it?

On Sun, 4 Nov 2018 20:22:40 -0200,
Qobi Ben Nun<qobibennun@gmail.com> wrote:

>I'm Qobi Ben Nun from Brazil. I've been part of the Brazilian team to
>help with the translation of the Debian Project Website.
>As I can see you guys are very update with your translations, but I
>couldn't find any translated file within your list so I got really
>curious on how you guys organize the translations. I'd appreciate if
>you could describe it and maybe we could do the same in our team.
>Thank you in advance.

Hi!

And thanks for the kind words!

The secret working method to this is that there basically is only one
person translating the web pages to Swedish, me...

Of course I have got some good help from various people during the
years since I started, and in the end there pretty much is only me
working continually on the pages. (This also explains why you cannot
find any collaboration communication - there is some, but probably not
easy to find on the mailinglists).

I assume that Swedish people that finds translation problems would mail
the Swedish i18n or any other Swedish mailinglist (or me directly) -
There are only 2 mailinglists if I'm not mistaken. But feedback is VERY
rare, so I just assume that the translations are fine.

On bigger announcements, I have translated them (in the publicity team
git repository though), and posted about it on the mailinglist, and then
there have been kind proofreaders coming forward (there are only very
few).

Also, there used to be a few people who have contacted me about helping
out, but this was before the CVS to git migration, so then I told them
that the migration was coming up, and they could wait until it was done
(More people know git than CVS). When the Git conversion was done, I
mailed again with some minor instructions, but no one has replied back.

So, in the end, there isn't much of a collaboration workflow to
describe in the team, sorry.

-- Andreas Rönnquist
mailinglists@gusnan.se
andreas@ronnquist.net