Re: Helping in the translation of the Debian-Installer.

On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 04:31:35AM -0400, Alfredo Perez wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have joined the list a week a ago and nobody has
> shown me what to do. Please, I would really like to
> help the team. If anybody, can show me the steps to
> follow I will contribute with some translations.

Most of the stuff is already outlined in
http://www.debian.org/international/spanish/proyectos
The requirements for each proyect vary, but most of the information on how
to cooperate is there already (if you miss some, please suggest
ammendments).

Regarding d-i translation, you can [1] access the SVN repository at Alioth,
retrieve the spanish po files, translate/update them [2] and send them to
the list for revision/inclusion in the SVN repository [3].

Regards

Javier

[1] some experience with cvs, gettext and UTF-8 is required.
[2] you can use Kbabel for this, but I've had some bad experiences with it
so I usually use Emacs po-mode
[3] You should use Subjects lines that will be understood by the robot:
http://www.debian.org/international/spanish/robot