Re: Working on a locale to allow the use of ijekavian variant?

Well, from my point of view, Serbian language is spoken both in Serbia and in Republika Srpska (which is a part of Bosnia nad Herzegovina, its one of the two main entities). The only difference between them is that in Serbia we have "ekavian" variant of Serbian language, and on the other hand, here in Republika Srpska, we use "ijekavian" variant of the Serbian language. But the language we use, the grammar we use, and every other language characteristic is the *same*. There is even a rule, from which by following it correctly you can convert the "ekavian" serbian word to "ijekavian". For example word "млеко" which stands for milk on serbian "ekavian", is converted into "ijekavian" variant "млијеко", "e" is replaced with "ије", because the rule says that the long "e" in "ekavian" should be converted to "ије" in "ijekavian" version.

Just to be clear about differencies. :)

Now, if we name sr_BA@ijekavian, for me that don't make sense, because it would mean that we have just sr_BA version which is incorrect. As I've mentioned, Republika Srpska is the legit entity of BiH, in which Serbian language is spoken, and official letter is cyrillic. On the other hand, in Federation BiH, the official language is Bosnian, with latin as official letter.

So, I think, one way would be to name   "ijekavian" variant of Serbian language with cyrillic  just sr_BA, since it's clear where it's spoken. And the latin variant should be the sr_BA@latin, which is just the latin variant.

The other way would be to just leave:

sr@ijekavian: Ijekavian variant, Cyrillic
sr@ijekavianlatin: Ijekavian variant, Latin

Because the ijekavian variant of Serbian language is spoken only in Republika Srpska. And it is a *Serbian* language.
I guess we don't have to include the country code? Or we do? In that case, the most correct thing would be sr_BA, 'cause
sr_RS-BA is not looking nice. :)

Maybe I confused everyone with everything :), but that's just mine point of view.

Cheers,