Re: [D-I Manual] Important information for translators

On Thu, Oct 07, 2004 at 12:20:06AM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:

> [1] We have this working very well for the Roman and Cyrillic alphabets,
>     but will need help for Japanese and Greek.

Cyrillic _does_ have the same problems as greek: it is created from single
symbols, i.e. from bitmapped fonts, which means no high quality fonts and
also no hythenation. Greek is more extreme at this, as the mathematical
greek symbols get used. I'm still investigating this, but I do not have
any TeX-solution yet. I guess even Japanese is easier to solve ;)

--
Nikolai Prokoschenko
nikolai@prokoschenko.de / Jabber: pronik@jabber.org