Fwd: dutch.debian.net looks awsome, how can I do that for RO, too?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Tim Dijkstra <tim@famdijkstra.org>
Date: Jun 6, 2005 9:15 PM
Subject: Re: dutch.debian.net looks awsome, how can I do that for RO, too?
To: Eddy Petrisor <eddy.petrisor@gmail.com>

On Sat, 4 Jun 2005 11:09:57 +0300
Eddy Petrisor <eddy.petrisor@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Tim,
>
> I saw that you were the webmaster for the pages at dutch.debian.net
> and I thought you are the person to contact about it.

Yeah, that's correct.

> I realy like the status page and I would like to do that kind of page
> for Romanian, too.
> Could you give me information about how can I set up such a page?

Yes I can.

It works roughly as follows: You (and your team) first have to start
using pseudo-urls [0] in the subject of your e-mails. Then a program
scans these e-mails and puts that info in a db. This information can
then be displayed on a website.

I'm the original author of the system, but since then several people
have been working on integrating it into the debian pages. But as far as
I know nobody finished that yet ...

So you have three options:
1) Start using the pseudo-urls and Wait for somebody to finish the work
   on the official site.
2) Use my bot/page [2] on your own server. (If you need some help just
   ask me.)
3) I could host it at my server if you don't have/find one
   yourself.

[0] http://dutch.debian.net/pseudo-urls.html
[1] http://dutch.debian.net/l10n-bot_0.1.1.tar.bz2

grts Tim