[Fwd: call for translations for a common templates project]

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: call for translations for a common templates project
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 01:16:42 -0500
From: sean finney <seanius@debian.org>
To: debian-i18n@lists.debian.org

hi translators,

for those of you who haven't been following my posts on d-d, over the
past 6 months or so i've been working on a common framework project[1]
for packages that need to install/access databases as part of their
functioning (mysql web apps, for example).

part of this project includes a set of common debconf templates which
are automatically registered and used by any package using my
package.  such a design means a significantly lower amount of work
for translators, effecively keeping the work you have to do finite
even as more and more database application packages are introduced into
debian.

so... i'm now officially soliciting help from the translators to gather
as many translations as possible before i introduce it into sid.
the latest version of the package (1.5.1) should make its way into
experimental relatively soon, and in the meantime you can grab the source
package off of my p.d.o site[1].  since there's already an older version
of the package in experimental, you should be able to send the po files
as usual through the BTS.

thanks in advance!
	sean

[1] http://people.debian.org/~seanius/policy/dbconfig-common.html

Regards,
EddyP
I had a favourite quote, but I forgot it. And it was insightful.