Re: Debian Project News 2011/09 frozen. Please review and translate

Hi all again,

Regarding this subject and reporting some advances, I'll past my IRC conversation with Francesca Cicceri (MadameZou).
Sorry for the rough copy/paste, but I think it will explain in direct speech my ideias.

The subject is about an anterior talk between me and Filipe Van de Wiel (Faw), regarding pt_PT and pt_BR translation future split and how to do that.
Just to remind that this split is already done and active (for some years now) on -l10n po debconfs.

<quoting IRC talk>

"<ruipb> 1- I'm in a standy state, waiting for the DenConf output , regard the pt_PT and pt_BR
<ruipb> s/standy/standby
<ruipb> 2- So I was thinking about crating in the svn (alioth) the pt_PT ahead
<ruipb> 3- will not be uploaded to www yet , but pt_PT will stay there waiting
<ruipb> 4 -after the split , pt_PT will be ready to build and upload to WWW
<ruipb> (build means wml2html)
<ruipb> since taffit created for me first time the pt branch on the svn
<ruipb> and I would like to report my talk with faw
<ruipb> (that was about what I have just sad)
<ruipb> :P
<ruipb> msantana: will start after his hollidays with pt_BR again
<MadameZou> wow!
<ruipb> so we have the oppurtunity to have finally the two branches for pt
<ruipb> sorry for this writed testament
<ruipb> :P
<MadameZou> eheh np
<ruipb> so for now I'll will just arrange the svn pt_PT , and I would like to know if its peacefull
<ruipb> no www commit will be made
<ruipb> and all the translations will be pt_PT translation team reviewed
<MadameZou> ruipb: the idea seems ok to me
<ruipb> sincerely I tired of wiating for the debconf conclusions , I'm eager to qork
<ruipb> *work
<MadameZou> ruipb: \o/
<ruipb> I'm cant see no more commit of your , and no translation been made by me
<ruipb> :|
<ruipb> s/your/yours (all team)
<ruipb> or work done
<ruipb> neverthless this talk here, I'll report at the mailing list (CC'ing faw and msantana )
<ruipb> its seems a nice point of active start for me
<ruipb> (and I could help you "breaking" something ....at least be a candidate for something sort of :) )
<MadameZou> :) ok. so do you need help in creating an svn repo for pt_PT?
<ruipb> thinl not
<ruipb> *think
<ruipb> let me try
<ruipb> in a couple of minutes
<ruipb> I'm explaining a small girl what this OS is about
<MadameZou> \o/ "

</quoting IRC talk>

Sorry for the long paste.

So that's more like a report of future development and pt ---> pt_PT branch side work.
If everything goes "on track", future tasks would be (after Debconf outcomes):

* pt_PT coordination mailing list migration to a debian.org one
* -www pt_PT and pt_BR url links issue (to study)

Cheers to all
(and thanks for MadameZou
for being a nuclear powered
IRC host for everyone) :)