Re: [D-I Manual] Call to update translation / Build log for pt_BR (01 Feb 2005)

Hi,

Frans Pop <aragorn@tiscali.nl> escreveu em Tue, 1 Feb 2005 01:16:09 +0100:

> Hello Gleydson,
>
> I'm getting a bit concerned about the state of the pt_BR manual. Since
> your last updates we have added support for PDF output for the manual
> and, because the pt_BR translation is getting so far out of date, there
> were build errors.

I know that, sorry to be out for that long time. Andrelop and Otavio have
sent a e-mail for me saying about the out of date of install manual translation. I
can fix that and update all translation until the start of next week (Carnival here in
Brasil, I will got a lot of free time for that).

> This wasn't much of a problem until we built the manual for the official
> website. It also would have been a problem for the next initrd build that
> is going to happen fairly soon.
>
> Also, there will be some major changes to the English files fairly soon
> and it will be a lot harder to update the translation after those have
> been committed than it is now.

Well, I hope that these changes don't go to svn before our Brazilian update go to svn repository :)

> I have now fixed all build errors for pt_BR myself (please review my
> changes in the files listed below!), but it would of course be much
> better if the translation were updated.

Of course yes :-)

> If you can't find the time for this yourself, could maybe someone else
> from the Brazilian community help out?
> I hope you will be able to find a solution. It would be very bad after all
> the earlier hard work if we would have to leave the pt_BR translation off
> the CDs and the website.

Currently I'm having a lot of changes on my life (work, and so on), but I'm sure
that translation will get updated until the next weekly. My hard work could't get
losed of any way after some weekly and svn loses that I got while translating! :-)

Gleydson Mazioli da Silva
gleydson@debian.org
gleydson@cipsga.org.br