[wml] ports/hurd/hurd-news.wml

Tudo Ok .
Extra-Konto: 2,50 %* Zinsen p. a. ab dem ersten Euro! Nur hier mit 25
Euro-Tankgutschein & ExtraPrämie! https://extrakonto.web.de/?mc=021110
#use wml::debian::template title="Debian GNU/Hurd -- News" NOHEADER="yes"
#include "$(ENGLISHDIR)/ports/hurd/menu.inc"
#use wml::debian::translation-check translation="1.27"

<h1>News about Debian GNU/Hurd</h1>

<h3><:=spokendate ("2003-07-31"):></h3>

<P>The K4 CD images are now available.
See the <A HREF="./hurd-cd">Hurd CD page</a> for further information.</p>

<h3><:=spokendate ("2003-04-30"):></h3>

<P>The K3 CD images are now available.
They have been renamed to GNU-K3-CDx.iso <br>
See the <A HREF="./hurd-cd">Hurd CD page</a> for further information.</p>

<h3><:=spokendate ("2003-03-06"):></h3>

<P>The K2 CD images are now available.
See the <A HREF="./hurd-cd">Hurd CD page</a> for further information.</p>

<h3><:=spokendate ("2002-10-10"):></h3>

<P>The J2 CD images are now available.
See the <A HREF="./hurd-cd">Hurd CD page</a> for further information.</p>

<P>Upgrading Debian GNU/Hurd from a libio-based system before
2002-08-12 (including J1 CD series).

<P>Updating a Debian GNU/Hurd system in August 2002 requires to follow
the procedure outlined in the <A HREF="extra-files/hurd-upgrade.txt">upgrade
manual</A>.  This update procedure is necessary because the Hurd
interfaces went through an incompatible change to prepare support of
long files.

<h3><:=spokendate ("2002-08-05"):></h3>

<P>The J1 CD images are now available.
See the <A HREF="./hurd-cd">Hurd CD page</a> for further information.</p>

<h3><:=spokendate ("2002-02-26"):></h3>

<P>The H3 CD images are now available.
See the <A HREF="./hurd-cd">Hurd CD page</a> for further information.</p>

<h3><:=spokendate ("2001-12-15"):></h3>

<P>The H2 CD images are now available.
See the <A HREF="./hurd-cd">Hurd CD page</a> for further information.</p>

<h3><:=spokendate ("2001-11-11"):></h3>

<P>The H1 CD images are now available.
See the <A HREF="./hurd-cd">Hurd CD page</a> for further information.</p>

<h3><:=spokendate ("2001-10-05"):></h3>

<P>The G1 CD images are now available.
See the <A HREF="./hurd-cd">Hurd CD page</a> for further information.</p>

<h3><:=spokendate ("2001-08-07"):></h3>

Today is the first time we crossed the 40% mark in the <a
href="http://buildd.debian.org/stats/graph.png";>statistic about
up-to-date packages</a> per architecture.</p>

<h3><:=spokendate ("2001-07-31"):></h3>

<P>The F3 CD images are now available.
See the <A HREF="./hurd-cd">Hurd CD page</a> for further information.</p>

<h3><:=spokendate ("2001-07-12"):></h3>

It is currently available from:</p>

<h3><:=spokendate ("1999-11-01"):></h3>

Cleaned up some outstanding bug reports which were closed by now. Going to
upload some more packages, in addition to those uploaded in the last days
(inetutils, grub, man-db, now coming hostname, mtools, ...). All those now
compile without any changes, which is a good thing. Seems we are slowly
stabilizing the basic set of packages.</p>

<h3><:=spokendate ("1999-09-29"):></h3>

There are <a
href="ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/hurd/contrib/marcus/";>patches to glue
Linux character devices into GNU Mach</a> now. These patches are very
experimental, and the tty driver does not work correctly with the term
translator, but we are working on it and hope to be able to provide a
binary soon. Note that this will bring the Linux console to the Hurd
(including color and virtual consoles), as well as drivers for various
non standard mice and other serial devices.</p>

I heard that some people are concerned about the size of GNU Mach, as
well as it becoming a subset of Linux. Please note that we are only
searching for a temporary solution here, until we have the time to
redesign the driver interface in GNU Mach (or use another
Microkernel). The microkernel is not at all that important as the Hurd
servers are which run on top of it.</p>

On the package side, we have now a proper <code>shadow</code> package
(which produces <code>passwd</code> (thanks, BenC!)). Also,
<code>man-db</code> should work out of the box now even with long
filenames, but I haven't checked the other changes. All in all, the
base section is getting into a good shape. Torin has applied my patch
for <code>perl</code>, and that's another package I have to check out
if it can be `finalized' now.</p>

<h3><:=spokendate ("1999-08-31"):></h3>

<h3><:=spokendate ("1999-08-05"):></h3>

all remaining problems in this package. This should make for a
smoother install.  On the other side, <code>mutt</code> requires a
small patch.</p>

<h3><:=spokendate ("1999-07-27"):></h3>

New packages of the core system are finished now. The Hurd has a new
way to boot (the part that happens after init is started), take a look
at <code>/libexec/runsystem</code>. This is useful for the
<code>sysvinit</code> package, which is almost done. Fixed a buglet in
GNU Lib C and one in GNU Mach. Autodetection of all network cards
should work now, but maybe we need to tweak the order a bit (3c5x9
before 3c59x).</p>

<h3><:=spokendate ("1999-07-22"):></h3>

<code>cpio 2.4.2-25</code> fixes the remaining Hurd compatibilty issue
and can now be compiled without changes. Thanks Brian!</p>

<h3><:=spokendate ("1999-07-05"):></h3>

Perl 5.005.03 patches submitted to the maintainer. The upstream code
was already clean (thanks, Mark!), but the Debian packaging scripts
were linux specific.</p>