Fw: internationalization/translation of Skolelinux (Debian customized for schools)

Alô amigos!

Se alguém se interessar... =)

[]s!

------- início da msg repassada
 Hi,

 I'm looking for people to help translate Skolelinux to more languages (we
 currently have people from 6 countries, representing 11 languages working on
 Skolelinux). Not counting documentation and website, adding support for a new
 language is only about two hours work.

 For those that don't know Skolelinux, here's a short introduction:
 Skolelinux is standard debian (woody at the moment), with an easy install
 creating a custom setup for schools. The installation uses debian-installer
 making Skolelinux the major testbed for it. Our installation only asks two
 questions: 1 which language/locale do you want, 2 which profile(s) do you
 want to install on this machine (Main-Server,Workstation, LTSP-server,
 Standalone).

 There currently are Skolelinux  developers from 6 countries:
 1. Norway, the birthplace of the project. Their team supports
     all 3 norwegian languages (Nynorsk, Bokmal, and Sami).
 2. Belgium. The belgian team supports 3 languages (Dutch, French[1],
     and German[2]).
 3. Germany
 4. Danmark, supporting Danish
 5. Latvia, supporting Latvian
 6. Spain, supporting Spanish and Catalan.
 7. English is supported by default, but there's no active team.

 Any help would be most appreciated. Instructions for adding support for a
 new language can be found at http://i18n.skolelinux.no/new-language.html,
 and any questions should be directed at either devel@skolelinux.no (the
 international developers mailinglist), the coordinator for your respective
 country (contact info is at http://i18n.skolelinux.no/kontakt.html), or me.
 Besides the translation work, we also need you to talk to local schools about
 using Skolelinux, and any help with coding is also helpfull.

 [1] the technical side of the french support is done, but we need a native
 speaker to translate the documentation/website.
 [2] through the german team

 P.S. please CC me as I'm not on the list
 - --
 Cheers, cobaco

 /"\  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 \ /  No proprietary formats in attachments without request
  X   i.e. *NO* WORD, POWERPOINT or EXCEL documents
 / \  Respect Open Standards
       http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html
       http://www.goldmark.org/netrants/no-word/attach.html

--