Re: Language aggregation in www.d.o/intl/l10n

On Mon, May 26, 2003 at 05:52:36PM -0300, Gustavo Noronha Silva wrote:
> Em Mon, 26 May 2003 18:05:18 +0000 (UTC), bruno.rodrigues@litux.org (Bruno Rodrigues) escreveu:
>
> > I'm portuguese from Portugal.
> >
> > I'm not asking to unify Portuguese (pt) and Brasilian (pt_BR). I'm just
> > asking to not have pt_PT language, as it is the same as pt.
> >
> > I've asked once in irc and people from Brazil agreed that we could
> > settle for pt and pt_BR. There's no need for pt_PT.

At the moment there are only 2 packages listed under
   http://www.debian.org/intl/l10n/po/pt_PT
When bugs are filed against these packages and they are fixed, pt_PT
will vanish ;)

> I'm from the pt_BR team and since I became part of the team we use
> the -portuguese stuff. That's wrong, I think, we should be using
> -brazillian, to leave -portuguese for pt_PT people.
[...]

For my information, why is Brazillian Portuguese not defined in ISO-639?
It would make things simpler for everyone.

Denis