Re: Updated translations for dpkg (was: [dpkg] Fixed a typo, please update translation of dselect.1)

2008/6/6 Helge Kreutzmann <debian@helgefjell.de> wrote:
> You currently have an empty pl.add, is this intentional?

Actually yes, it was. In fact I haven't noticed I should update it in
any way. Now I added all translators to the pl.add file, hope this has
the right syntax. It looks like the manual source to me, and I'm not
too familiar with it :-(

You can download the new pl.add file here:
* http://ics.p.lodz.pl/~wiktorw/debian/dpkg/po/lenny/pl.add

> When building dpkg, the polish man page caused the build to fail. I
> applied the following patch (and then it build):
> -"Jeśli instalowany plik ma już wpis w pliku <dir>, stary wpis będzie "
> +"Jeśli instalowany plik ma już wpis w pliku B<dir>, stary wpis będzie"

Oops, and double oops. I apologize for this "<dir>" instead of
"B<dir>", I was doing it late at night. You did a wonderful job here,
thanks!

> Please either confirm that this is ok or provide a new version which
> fixes this bug.

It's okay and I have already put an improved version (with "B<dir>")
in the same place as well:
* http://ics.p.lodz.pl/~wiktorw/debian/dpkg/man/po/lenny/pl.po
* http://ics.p.lodz.pl/~wiktorw/debian/dpkg/man/po/lenny/pl-new.diff

> Since you seemed to do a full update, did you skip dselect on purpose?
> pl.po is currently (285t,1f,0u) which seems rather easy to update.

I haven't touched dselect so far, but I updated the one missing string
anyway. The old translation with no fuzzy strings can be downloaded
here:
* http://ics.p.lodz.pl/~wiktorw/debian/dpkg/dselect/po/lenny/pl.po

I intend to review this file fully, so expect an update in a day or two.

Friendly,
Wiktor

--
Registered Linux user #390131 (http://counter.li.org)