Re: Please review my merge request for Persian homepage of Debian

Hello
Thanks for reviving Debian website in Persian!
I have tested that the Persian folder builds correctly with the
translated homepage.fa.po, and merged the changes.

For the homepage to show as translated, we also need the index.wml file
translated into Persian.

You can take the English one from here:

https://salsa.debian.org/webmaster-team/webwml/-/blob/master/english/index.wml

or update your local clone and take it from there.

This is how I keep my clone updated:

1.- Add a remote branch to keep track of "upstream" (our main repo, you
need to do this only once):
git remote add upstream https://salsa.debian.org/webmaster-team/webwml.git

2.- Before starting to work on a file, update your local clone getting
the changes from the main webwml repo:

git fetch upstream
git merge upstream/master
git push

3.- Then you can do your changes, commit, push and create a merge
request via salsa. This way the difference between your branch and the
main webwml repo will be small (only your commits).

After the index page is translated, you can have a look at this stats page:

https://www.debian.org/devel/website/stats/fa

and go on with the "Outdated translations" (they are ordered by number
of visits) or get up to date the other .po files ("Translated templates
(PO files)"). Those are ordered alphabetically, I would prioritise these
ones:

persian/po/templates.fa.po
persian/popersian/po/newsevents.fa.po
persian/po/distrib.fa.po
persian/po/langs.fa.po
persian/po/others.fa.po
persian/po/security.fa.po

Many of them are almost complete and only need translation of some strings.

Kind regards,
--
Laura Arjona Reina
https://wiki.debian.org/LauraArjona