Re: Wheezy RC1

[copying a few more folks and debian-l10n-malayalam list]

2013/2/26 Balasankar Chelamattath <c.balasankar@gmail.com>

> i got myself a problem while installing wheezy RC1.
>
> I get no gui, even though i selected to install desktop environment. Only console at "test@debian:~$"
> when i give "startx" at the console, again i get a console... that is in the 7th console (ctrl+alt+F7).
>
> The attached image is what i get in the first console (when i press ctrl+alt+F1)
>
> I installed only first CD. Isn't that enough?

That should be enough. Give the full name of the cd you tried.

I was able to install a gdm screen (though without Malayalam fonts -
reported another bug
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=701911). Mine was
debian-wheezy-DI-rc1-amd64-CD-1.iso

Dhananjay said he'll confirm this.