Re: English instruction for setup Korean environment.

On 5/6/07, Ninenineone Efx <efx.ninenineone@gmail.com> wrote:
I just got back to Debian system after few weeks of setting up.
I think it's kind of learning period of learning new system. I almost
wiped out the whole system with simple 'aptitude' command to install a
Hangul font.

I haven't found any english instruction for setup Korean environment in Debian.
I believe it needs to be done for Korean who wanna use Hangul or foreigners.

Hi, assuming you're using GNOME:

apt-get install ttf-unfonts imhangul
dpkg-reconfigure locales

These should be enough to get you started. I'm not sure, but you might
need to tweak how Firefox uses a Korean input method, but if you're
desparate, you can type Korean in gnome-terminal and copy-and-paste it
into Firefox.

Cheers,
Kyungjoon Lee