Fwd: Localization status for Debian Installer (July 7th update)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Christian PERRIER <bubulle@debian.org>
Date: 8 July 2010 02:07
Subject: Localization status for Debian Installer (July 7th update)
To: debian-i18n@lists.debian.org, debian-boot@lists.debian.org

Quoting Christian PERRIER (bubulle@debian.org):
> The deadline is now over. I'm still hunting down a few translators in
> order to try rescuing a few more languages.

I rescued a few (more precisely their translators rescued these
languages):

59 languages are in good shape (+2)
8 languages are in danger of being deactivated (-2)

Progress:
- Belarusian, Hungarian, Croatian completed

I don't expect much more to happen now:
- Nepali coordinator answered me they are out of translators
- Kurdish, Serbian, Wolof and Tagalog translators don't answer mails

I still expect some "safe" languages to complete levels 3 to 5:
- Macedonian was rescued at the last minute. Maybe Angel can catchup
with 3-5 now

- Tamil and Vietnamese translators have been mailed again. I
unfortunately fear that Clytie is not currently able to work on her vi
translation

- No recent news for Georgain, Malayalam, Norwegian Nynorsk, Amharic
and Albanian translators

- Hopefully Ukrainian will catchup the ONE missing string..:-)

I fixed my last deadline to Friday 9th, then I'll start mass uploads
over the week-end.

The safe side
-------------
50 languages are complete (+5):
ar ast be bg bn bs ca cs da de dz el eo es et eu fa fi fr ga gl gu he
hi hr hu id it ja kk km ko lt lv mr nb nl pa pl pt pt_BR ro ru sk sl
sv th tr zh_CN zh_TW

2 languages were complete before hw-detect changes in sublevel 3 (-2):
ta vi

2 languages were complete before changes to sublevels 5 and 3 (+0):
ml sq
(reminder mailed on June 6th)
(ml: l1 and l2 update on June 27th)

2 languages complete for all sublevels but sublevel 3 (+0):
ka uk

1 language complete for all first 3 sublevels (+0):
nn

2 languages complete for the first 2 sublevels (+0):
am mk

The unsafe side
---------------
1 language had a few updates since lenny but not on a regular
basis (+0).
 This language is at risk of being deactivated for Squeeze if it
 is not complete for sublevels 1 and 2:
tl
(tl: mailed June 15th. Re-mail July 5th)

2 languages were complete in lenny but had no update since then (-2).
 These languages are at risk of being deactivated for Squeeze if they
 are not complete for sublevels 1 and 2:
ne wo
(mail to as many ppl as possible: June 15th)
(ne:  mail again on July 5th. Answer July 7th: unfortunately no
 translator avail)
(wo:  mail again on July 5th)

4 active languages are in bad shape (+0)
 They were not complete for lenny and had no update since *before* the
 release of lenny. They're at risk of being deactivated except se which
 is an "historical "exception. Stats for sublevels 1 and 2:

093%  ku
093%  sr
092%  cy
024%  se
(ku, sr:mail July 5th)

The "prospective" side
----------------------
Prospective languages are languages that are not yet
activated. They'll be activated if they reach 100% for sublevels 1 and 2.

11 Prospective languages are stalled(+0). Stats for sublevels 1 and 2:
097%  si (P)
075%  is (P)
071%  kn (P)
069%  ms (P)