Re: Request for resolving situation(kn_IN)

> (As I am about to send my mail, I see that Gudmund has sent a similar
> mail, sending anyway :-)
>
> If I understand correctly, you would like to enforce the use of your Web
> translation tool for all kn translations. I can imagine the sort of
> problems you may face where on one side some are committing translations
> directly in SVN and on the other side other people are working on the
> same translations through the Web tool.
> The problematic is somewhat similar to the Ubuntu Launchpad vs upstream
> GNOME.
>

> I cannot see any optimal solution to this problem.
> One solution could be to divide the remaining work, and announce to the
> current coordinator the particular packages on which you want to work.
> You should then only open these packages for translation in your Web
> tool. When you're done, you send the po files to the coordinator (or
> commit if you get the permissions), and then announce another set of
> packages on which you'd like to work on in your team.

I also see the problem in the same light and I agree with Claude's solution. I don't mind how you translate as long as you respect other will have their methods to translate and we need on agree on the best translation tool to translate.

      Bring your gang together - do your thing. Go to http://in.promos.yahoo.com/groups