Re: System to inport outside DDTP translations back into Debian

On Tuesday 02 April 2013, at 15:37 +0200, Pierre Slamich wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm Pierre, one of the Ubuntu French translations coordinators.

Ciao! :)

> I'm looking to set up a mechanism to import translations of the DDTP made
> in Ubuntu back into Debian on a regular basis (the French Ubuntu
> translators are translating up to several hundreds each week in French).
> I was told (1) on debian-i18n that you had put in place such a process to
> import external strings for Chinese (and possibly Italian) back in the DDTP.
> Could you share how you did it so that we can use it for French ?

I was about to answer in debian-i18n, but you preceded me with this
message.

We, as in the Italian DDTP translators, use nothing like what you are
looking for.

We have a couple of scripts written by Davide that automatically check
things like partially translated packages or descriptions that have to
be updated/retranslated. But they all call the description in the DDTSS
interface and then all our translation/review work is done manually on
the DDTSS.

We have no bulk import of translations in the system. We have nothing of
the sort, I am sorry.

Good luck!

beatrice