Future of hungarian man page translation

Hello Laszlo,
hello Hungarian Debian users,
hello Hungarian Debian translators,
I'm the Debian maintainer of manpages-l10n, a framwork for shipping man
pages in many languages.

We use po4a to keep the man pages current, even if translators are
missing, i.e. the outdated parts are shown in english and if too many
parts are not translated, then the entire man page is shown in
english. For translators, they can easily spot the updated parts and
quickly make at least trivial/minor updates.

We regularly update our package to match the man pages shipped in
Debian Testing and Debian Stable (Backports), so the localized version
mirrors closely the english originals.

Upstream constantly looks for existing man page translations and some
time ago imported also Hungarian. I could ship this in Debian, but
currently a very outdated version of manpages-hu is shipped. It's last
technical update was Sun, 19 Feb 2006 08:58:20 +0100 (i.e. > 15 years
ago), it has open bugs (regarding content from 2017: #856007 and
regarding copyright #988584). Except for editorial comments / changes
there is no visible activity in the package and bugs reports since then.

Is there any reason to still ship the current manpages-hu? If so,
anything we could update in manpages-l10n to cater for this need?

Otherwise I could enable manapges-hu from manpages-l10n in the next
upload, replacing the current manpages-hu. If you want, Lazlo, I
would be more than happy for your input or as co-maintainer for this
package.

If you have any questions regarding this new translation branch, or if
you would like to join the effort on the Hungarian man page translation,
please ask (please CC me, I'm not subscribed).

You can find the current status of the (upstream) translations in a
rather brief overview on:

https://manpages-l10n-team.pages.debian.net/manpages-l10n/index-hu.html

Thanks for your feedback.

Best regards