Re: Conversion of Greek to UTF-8?

Am Montag, den 12.04.2010, 13:56 +0300 schrieb Faidon Liambotis:
> Hi,
>
> While translating the announcement for snapshot.d.o, it came to my
> attention that the Greek translation of debian-www is still using
> iso-8859-7. I presume that utf8 is preferred these days, am I correct?

Yes, and several website translations have already been switched to
UTF-8. I've done that some time ago for the german translation.

> I have almost no experience with the debian-www stuff and the website,
> but AFAIK, there aren't many (if any) Greek translators right now, so
> please bear with me.
>
> What can we do to convert the translation to utf8? How can I help?

You could read the thread starting here:
<http://lists.debian.org/debian-www/2009/07/msg00230.html>
If you need help with that conversion, feel free to mail me again. I
might remember some traps to avoid from the conversion of the german
website ...

Regards,
Tobias

--
Tobias Quathamer | Absolutely nothing should be concluded from these
Hamburg, Germany | figures except that no conclusion can be drawn from