Re: Automating of localizations

I think this is already done for KDE when kpersonalizer it prompts the
user with the Country/Language setting. When I had LANG="en_US.UTF-8"
set it automatically selected US and English for me only requiring me to
click on OK. Also for the KDE case you have to remember to install the
right kde-i18n package for the particular language you wish to use.

If you notice anything that KDE does not do properly please let me
know. If you have any questions regarding the kde-i18n packages
themselves the maintainer is Noèl Köthe <noel@debian.org>.

Thanks,

Chris