Re: Apology to german users required in the release notes

> It's not good idea to enforce your opinion to the release
> announcements because even some German guys do not think it's
> acceptable currently.

Can you give some pointers to this? If you follow the long bug report
[1], you'll see that there is agreement that the current ,," quoting is
by far the worst transliteration. 2 opinions stated that the
transliteration towards »« might be problematic [2] [3]. One of them
[2] because in Switzerland's German they use «» (reversed, as in
French) -- Denis <barbier@linuxfr.org> stated , that Swiss users
already live with »« on debian.org and Gnome [4]. The other opinion [3]
found so many refutations that you'll have to read the whole second
part of the bug report rather then having me pointing at all of these
refutations.

Alternatively, it was also said that quotes like "" would be very much
preferred over ,," [5]. [5] is actually a nice summary of this long
story.

Frankly, I am getting tired of discussing this issue. I can't understand
why you, gotom, are that stubborn and can't respect a decision taken by
the German translation team. You already stated at the very beginning
of this bug report, that you find it "not well inspected" [6]... To me
your reluctance rather seems like a personal/social quirk. It's a
pity :-( I am sorry that I have to say that, I don't intend to offend
you, but it is hard to overcome the impression that giving all the
reasons and time was useless from the very beginning.

Best Regards,

Jens

[2] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=235759&msg=39
[3] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=235759&msg=78