Re: Status of manpages-fr -- help needed?

Hello Jean-Baptiste,
On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 11:43:48PM +0200, Jean-Baptiste Holcroft wrote:
> Le 14/10/2018 à 17:29, Helge Kreutzmann a écrit :
> although admiring Debian-l10n work, I'm not a Debian contributor, but we
> have the same issue in Fedora (I'm part of Fedora translation teams).

Great to get teams interconected.

> manpages-fr content is quite old, and we discussed this issue in November
> 2017.
>
> Baptiste Jammet did a work to move the content to gitlab:
> https://gitlab.com/perkamon/man-pages-fr/
>

> As maintaining so many files over time is a huge burden (and follow-up is
> difficult), I offered him to connect the repository to the translation
> platform Weblate, but for personal reasons, it took me months to be
> available to do this.

What we (the -de team) can offer is exactly this: getting refreshes of
the files on a semi regular basis. How the translation is updated
(again) is still up to the respective team. For de we are quite fine
with plain git access, but other means are possible.

I cannot speak for Tobias, but me personally would like to keep the
translation on project infrastructure, not some "free" other service.

> I'm 100% sure I won't be able to assume responsibility be a package
> maintainer (nor git maintainer).

This is part would solved by our proposal (for Debian, at least).

Greetings

       Helge