Re: vidalia 0.2.15-1: Please update debconf PO translation for the package vidalia

On 05/01/12 10:03, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Ulises Vitulli a écrit :
>

> #. Type: multiselect
> #. Description
> #: ../templates:1001
> #, fuzzy
> #| msgid ""
> #| "Users who should be able to control Tor daemon need to be added to
> the "
> #| "group \"debian-tor\"."
> msgid ""
> "Select which users from the list below should be able to control Tor
> daemon"
> msgstr ""
> "Pour autoriser des utilisateurs à contrôler le démon Tor, il est
> nécessaire "
> "d'ajouter leurs identifiants dans le groupe « debian-tor »."
>
> Hmmm, isn't this a regression?
>
> It seems to me that the first version ("Users who should be able to
> control Tor daemon need to be added to the group \"debian-tor\".") is
> what what proposed and accepted when debian-l10n-english reviewed the
> debconf templates a few months ago.
>
> The "new" version ("Select which...") has several problems, including
> the use of imperative form and the lack of final punctuation....
Hi Christian!

In reference to the older template, I concluded after many
reports/complains on support channels (mailing lists, development and
irc channels)  that it provided information that the user didn't really
need to read for answering the question. Moreover, It's missing an
important step that inexperienced users might not realise, which the new
template expands and covers.

Punctuations added. Thanks for the head up.

Cheers,

Dererk

--
BOFH excuse #434:
Please state the nature of the technical emergency