[TAF] suite: Translations for upcoming Pootle 1.0

----- Forwarded message from F Wolff <friedel@translate.org.za> -----

From: F Wolff <friedel@translate.org.za>
To: translate-pootle@lists.sourceforge.net
Date: Sat, 05 May 2007 09:11:33 +0200
Subject: Re: [translate-pootle] Translations for upcoming Pootle 1.0

On Sa, 2007-05-05 at 08:05 +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> > We have received some translations of the Pootle users guide. Please
> > continue to update these translations, even after the release. I would
> > be especially grateful of a French translation for the millions of
> > people in the francophone world.
>

> Forwarded to the Debian l10n list, given the privileged links we have
> between Debian and Wordforge..:)

Obviously we welcome all contributions, no matter on which list they
"live".

> I can't do it myself, but hopefully one of our translation will jump
> into this.
>
> Something unclear to me: is the user's guide gettextified?

The user's guide lives at
http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/users/user_guide
(dokuwiki)

We converted it to PO using txt2po and these files are available at
http://pootle.wordforge.org/projects/usersguide/

We are not yet sure exactly how we will include it in the Pootle package
and the wiki, but will find some way. There are probably better ways of
doing this than just putting hyperlinks in for each language, but we
really want to get the release out, so anybody that wants to improve how
this is handled is welcome to jump in.