Re: aptitude manual translations

Pour l10n-french : qui a traduit la doc d'aptitude ?

Quoting Daniel Burrows (dburrows@debian.org):
>   This morning I got an email in French that appeared to be about some problem
> with aptitude.  I sent back an email with the full extent of my command of
> the French language (Je ne parles pas frances..), but then I got to wondering
> why in the world someone would think I speak French.  Aside from egocentrism,
> that is ;-).  It occurred to me that the aptitude manual is translated into
> French...so I pulled it up, and realized that yes, it looks like I wrote the
> whole darn thing.
>
>   I wonder if you could add a credit for yourself on the front page, something
> like "translated by Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org>".  It seems like
> this should be possible if you move the <author> tag inside an <authorgroup>
> and add yourself (maybe using authorblurb/personblurb to add "French
> translator"?).

Sure. However, I am not the author of this translation. I CC the
franch l10n mailing list as I don't really remember who did this
translation.

I think we should add the mailing list as <authorgroup> and maybe even
add a mention that mails in French should be sent to this list rather
than the software author (you).

BTW, the aptitude manual would be a good candidate for switching the
manual translations to the use of po4a : a suite of tools allowing to
handle several documentation formats through PO files. I can try to
convince someone from the French team to work on this...