Re: [Fwd: Re: status of the DDTP project?]

Le Mon, 24 Jan 2005 07:15:49 +0100
Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> a écrit :

> > It seems there are enough people who want to help, but, which are
debian
> > developers? Could you, or anybody else, maybe try to find out who
are
> > interested?
>

> Speaking on behalf of the French l10n team...
>
> We have completely abandoned the DDTP effort now, as far as I am
> aware. Nicolas Bertolissio made several contributions to the code in
> the past, up to end 2003. I'm not sure whether he still contributes to
> it.
>
> The main reason was the fact that the DDTP deals with binary packages
> descriptions which is far unlogical. It should rather deal with source
> packages, especially when it comes at handling debconf translations.
>
> The DDTP is absolutely not adapted to the work on debconf
> translations, that was our conclusion.
>
> For packages descriptions, this is less important, but it seems that
> the translators interest just switched to more important stuff.

No I don't think we have switched but the server is too much bugged and
I hadn't responses from the numerous mails I send to give the
informations without results.

> During the last two years, we focused on debconf translations,
> programs translations and web site translations rather than packages
> descriptions translations. This was mostly because of the jerky
> behaviour of the DDTP server, especially after the November 2003
> compromise which left it unmaintained up to July 2004.
>
> The review process also did not really fit with the way we have
> established for working where all reviews are made in public in the
> -l10n mailing list.
>
> I personnally contributed a lot of packages description translations
> back in 2002-2003 but, now, I just ignore the DDTP mails about them.

I do care but for a little bit but I'm not sure the server bugs have
been fixed.

Cordially.