Re: Gettext debconf templates translations : several outdated packages discovered

On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 08:12:58PM +0100, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Quoting Kalle Kivimaa (kalle.kivimaa@iki.fi):
> > Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> writes:
> > > This has to be checked: just run "debconf-updatepo" and then "msgfmt
> > > -o /dev/null --statistics debian/po/fr.po"
> >
> > killer /jspwiki-2.0.52 % debconf-updatepo
> > killer /jspwiki-2.0.52 % msgfmt -o /dev/null --statistics debian/po/fr.po
> > 19 translated messages, 3 fuzzy translations, 7 untranslated messages.
> >
> > OK, now what? :)
>
> The updated fr.po file will come soon, sent by its translator, Rémi
> Pannequin. Just leave him some time for making the update and have it
> reviewed.

Sorry about that, I am the one who forgot to run debconf-updatepo while
preparing the switch to po-debconf, I guess.

What I do not understand, though, is why this was not run during the build
of the package since you use debhelper. The versionned build depend on this
is good, dh_installdebconf should do its work in that area...

Did you trick anything like using a cvs and discarding any modification made
during the package build, or forcing to build with a debhelper version prior
to 4.1.16?

Thanks, Mt.