CVS log

CVSROOT:	/cvs/webwml
Module name:	webwml
Changes by:	french	01/01/24 23:55:34

Modified files:
	english/international/l10n: Makefile dtc.def index.wml
	                            l10n-lang.wml l10n-rank.wml l10n.wml
	english/international/l10n/data: synonyms
	english/international/l10n/scripts: init.pl l10n-lang.pl
	                                    l10n-rank.pl l10n.pl
	                                    ranking.pl
	                                    transmonitor-check utils.pl
Removed files:
	english/international/l10n/data: transmonitor

Log message:
BIG BIG CHANGES :

o Link to the l10n-lang-<lang_code>: This pages contain links to all po files
in debian, but it was unable to acces them by following links on the pages.

Please note: For now, these files are on my home page in my school, and are
very often out of sync. We should think about moving them to debian
machines. But it would implie to generate the DB on these machine (and not
any more on mine). It is very resource consuming.

Files implied:
o scripts/l10n-rank.pl
o scripts/l10n.pl
o index.wml

o Change the scoring: It used to be
(the average l10n)*(nb of packages l10n in this language)
but it was a bit artificial. So I decided to use the raw number of
translated strings.

Files implied:
o scripts/ranking.pl: Change the code calculating the score
o scripts/l10n.pl: idem
o l10n-rank.wml and l10n.wml: Reflect the change of scoring in the text

o The scripts used to concider all sections in non-free or contrib as an
invalid section. It is fixed. In the way, I changed a bit the syntax of the
data/synonyms to simplify it.

I hope I didn't forget any valid section...

Files implied:
o scripts/transmonitor-check: change the way we parse the synonyms
o data/synonyms: add the non-free, contrib and non-us sections

o Checks for debconf templates: This is not completed yet. I've found no easy
way to stat a template (ie, to see how completed the translation is)

Files implied:
o scripts/transmonitor-check: search for templates
o scripts/utils.pl: save templates info in DB
o scripts/init.pl: Added the templates_root (where to download them)
o scripts/l10n-lang.pl: output a table containing the templates

o l10n-lang.wml: say people will find templates.
o dtc.def: added some tags needed in l10n-lang.pl

o make the function which parse the Sources.gz files understand the lines
Format: and Origin:

File implied:
o scripts/utils.pl

o rename the DB from data/transmonitor to data/unstable
update it
change the Makefile to make all pages depend on that

Done by Mt <mquinson@ens-lyon.fr>

Future directions:
- Search for other material (man pages? info files? documentation?)
- Stat debconf templates
- graph of ranking during time (as http://master.debian.org/~wakkerma/bugs/
does for bugs)
- handel pt_BR and other country variation (actually, they are in DB, but
no page are generated for them)
- Split l10n.html in several tables (this on is more than 200k big)
- Move the material out of my home page to put them on debian machines.
Pb: I'm not a debian developper => I won't be able to work on them easily.

- Search and fix bugs
- Clean up scripts
- Make a file to explain what does all files
- Check the reported errors, and correct the script when there is no error,
and submit bugs in other cases.