Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 18:31:32 -0400
From: Daniel Burrows <dburrows@debian.org>
To: debian-devel@lists.debian.org
Subject: aptitude 0.2.0 nearly released, please test/translate 0.1.9

  This morning, I uploaded aptitude 0.1.9 to experimental.  The top of
the NEWS file pretty much summarizes things:

[6/18/01]
Version 0.1.9 "Speak Now Or Forever Hold Your Peace."
  * If there are no serious bug reports about this, APTITUDE 0.2 WILL
  BE UPLOADED TO UNSTABLE IN THE NEAR FUTURE!  Therefore, if you know of
  a problem that should prevent this from being released into the wild,
  PLEASE TELL ME!  Thank you.

  Since many changes have been made, I would appreciate it if interested
people could download the new version and test it.  I would like to upload
it in the next few days, after I get a chance to bring the documentation up to
date and fill in missing pieces.  (I may wait for aptitude 0.0.8.7.1 to get
into testing, but that'll take over a week :( )

  Also, this is a heads-up to folks interested in the translations (the
people who did the current ones have been Bcced, but any native speaker is
welcome to help) that a whole lot of messages that were modified or added
and should probably be updated.  I suspect that the number of translatable
strings is much larger than it was in 0.0.x, and so there will be a lot of
missing translations.

   Thanks,
  Daniel

|          Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the               |
|          process he does not become a monster.  And when you look           |
|          into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you.                      |
|           -- Friedrich Nietzsche                                            |
\------------- Got APT? -- Debian GNU/Linux http://www.debian.org ------------/

----- End forwarded message -----