General question about and request to translate Canadian and British English of "backintime" package

Hello together,

I'm member of the upstream maintenance team of Back In Time [1] a rsync-based backup software also present in Debian's repository [2].

The project is quit old and somehow we do have Canadian and British English as translation [3], but only 21% and 42% complete (just a little more then 300 short strings). My first impulse is to remove those variants of English because they are quit similar to US English which is used as default/source language in that project. But I'm not deep enough into that languages to understand their differences.

But maybe someone here would like to check the existing and complete the translation of these two English variants? Beside I can offer thous to my users I'm able to compare them and learn more about their difference. It would be great if someone would give it a try [3].

Please let us know if you would like to be named as translator in the credits (e.g. about dialog) of the software.

Thanks a lot
Christian

[1] -- <https://github.com/bit-team/backintime>
[2] -- <https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/backintime>