New version of "Packaging with gbp" book ready for translation

Hi all,

On Mon, Mar 22, 2021 at 08:15:50AM +0100, Mechtilde Stehmann wrote:
> Am 22.03.21 um 05:47 schrieb jathan:
> > On 21/03/2021 02:19, Mechtilde Stehmann wrote:
> >> there is a new updated version of the book "Packaging with gbp". I also
> >> prepared a recent version of *.po files for translation into English.
> >
> > Thanks a lot for sharing the new updated version of "Packaging with gbp"
> > :) Maybe we can announce this great new also in the
> > debian-i18n@lists.debian.org and debian-l10n-english@lists.debian.org to
> > get more people interested to help with the *.po files translation to
> > English and to other possible languages,
>
> I start to translate the strings for the Table of contents into English.
>
> I hope this can help to find the parts which someone is interested in.

I've never before done translation work because I've never seen a
request for translation **into** english. This book about debian
packaging is written in German, but I found that a rudimentory knowledge
of it was not a hinderence, since the process is mostly proofreading.

There are people waiting on the english translation before they can
begin l10n into their own language, so please help. To get started:

	sudo apt install gtranslator noweb po4a texlive-lang-french texlive-lang-german texlive-lang-japanese translate-shell tidy
	git clone https://salsa.debian.org/ddp-team/dpb
	cd dpb
	git checkout translation/en_US
	./create-po4a.sh # choose 1, then 5