Re: buster and the release notes

Hi all,

We're a bit further than last time.

On 31-03-2019 21:34, Paul Gevers wrote:

[...]

> This is the first time that *I* am trying to coordinate this a bit, so
> help me out. Hinted by some notes, I propose the following, if people
> have time to help out.

Thanks for all of you that already have helped so far.

> * l10n-english could do a review of the current text of all chapters,
> keeping in mind that especially the issues.dbk file will keep receiving
> updates during the releasing process, so the other files make more sense
> to check first. The about.dbk, installing.dbk, moreinfo.dbk and
> release-notes.dbk have close to zero changed or added text, so if the
> previous release notes were acceptable, those files are fine already.
[...]

Minor changes have been done in installing.dbk (mostly dropping text)
and one addition in release-notes.dbk. I think we can consider this
frozen now.

> * Translation teams can start making sure translations are up-to-date, I
> suggest starting with the about.dbk, installing.dbk, moreinfo.dbk and
> release-notes.dbk files. Other files may receive more updates to
> existing texts (depending on the answer to the review timing question in
> the previous paragraph) resulting in possible unnecessary churn on fuzzy
> strings in just translated items.
[...]

Please, if you haven't already started on translating, full steam ahead.
Expect, however, incoming changes (mostly additions, we'll try to avoid
other changes) to issues.dbk and whats-new.dbk.

> I have seen updates to translations already, so I guess at least some
> teams have direct access [2]. I *guess* I can grant other teams access
> if they request it. Since the migration from Alioth to salsa, the
> archive is available in git and changes can be submitted with merge
> requests as an alternative. The bugs in the bts against the
> release-notes package remain a supported option as well.
>
> Please don't hesitate to ask if you have questions or remarks.

This holds. For lots of languages I haven't seen any activity yet.
Volunteers?

[...]

Paul