Re: Proof reading and related updates to Release notes?

Martin Bagge / brother wrote:
> Did the Swedish translation of the Release notes over the last few
> days. One of the great things with this is that I also read most of
> the English strings during this process and I found a bunch of
> oddities that I think need to be adjusted. I am not sure about the
> process for updating the source text used. Mostly it's concerns with
> Stretch vs stretch vs &releasename; and debian vs &debian; and other
> such constructs. Can probably be handled by a script in many cases.
>
> What files and how do I submit them for review by someone else than
> me, I rather have some proofing before making all translations fuzzy =)

I'm just starting my own copy-editing sweep - what I usually end up
doing is splitting it up into a large number of bug reports (cf.
"https://lists.debian.org/debian-doc/2015/04/";).  There's still work
to be done just on getting the right content before we start trying to
polish it up and have it translated; much of that is an automatic
result of our insane workflow of basing the list of things that will
be new in Stretch on the list of things that were new in Jessie.

On the &releasename vs Stretch vs stretch issue: personally I'm in
favour of avoiding the use of the &expando entirely, since its main
effect is to make it harder to tell what the output will look like and
disguise the bits that are out of date - anything that's *always* true
shouldn't be mentioning a releasename anyway.  But note that the
canonical form is (rather mystifyingly) lowercase: "stretch".