Re: New network interface names (Was: Re: Installing chapter in the release notes)

Baptiste Jammet wrote:
>> In "installing" we have now:
>>
>> 	The installer and the installed systems use a different
>> 	naming scheme for network interfaces.
>>
>> I understood it that way, that the Stretch installer and an installed
>> Stretch system don't use the same naming scheme.
>> But that's not what was meant, right?
>
> No, I meant "different from what was used until Jessie".

It doesn't naturally read as "mutually different" for me - that would
have to be "use different naming schemes" (or "each use a different
naming scheme"); but it isn't clear what the scheme *is* different
from.

>> I would propose something like:
>>
>> 	The installer and the installed systems have changed the
>> 	naming scheme for network interfaces.
>
> The installer have changed, but the new system "just" get the new
> scheme!
>
>> or
>>
>> 	The installer and the installed systems use a changed
>> 	naming scheme for network interfaces.
>
> Or more directly:
> 	The installer and the installed systems use a new
> 	naming scheme for network interfaces.

Yes, each of these seems like an improvement.

> l10n-english, do you have a favorite, or another better one?

Perhaps "use a new standard naming scheme", just in case pedants
insist that technically it's been available for years?  But it's new
to the installer, so probably don't bother - stick with "use a new
naming scheme".

It's about time I did my first sweep of the release notes.