Re: [RFR] Fwknop-gui description

David Prévot forwarded:
> I am packaging fwknop-gui.
>
> https://incomsystems.biz/fwknop-gui/

The debconf templates and README for fwknop passed through d-l-e back
in 2008, but not the package descriptions.  They seem okay, though the
server package has one reference to "libcap" where I suspect it means
"libpcap".

> The package is almost complete but I was hoping someone could review the
> short and long descriptions before I go further.

>  The FireWall KNock OPerator implements an authorization scheme called
>  Single Packet Authorization (SPA), based on Netfilter and libpcap.
>  .
>  Its main application is to protect services such as OpenSSH with
>  an additional layer of security in order to make the exploitation of
>  vulnerabilities (both 0-day and unpatched code) much more difficult.

(All good fwknop boilerplate.)

>  .
>  Fwknop GUI is a user graphical interface fitted with a Fwknop client
                   ^^^^                     ^^^^^^      ^
 * I think you mean "a graphical user interface".
 * What does "fitted" mean here?
 * You're alternating between "a Fwknop client" and  "AN Fwknop
   server".  I've never been sure how to pronounce it, but it probably
   starts with "eff-doubleyou" (hence "AN").

I'm guessing it should be:

   Fwknop GUI is a graphical user interface integrated with an Fwknop client

>  that provides the ability to send SPA packets to a remote Fwknop
>  server.
>  .
>  This application helps the user to maintain multiple Fwknop
>  configurations through a single interface, and includes a wizard for
>  configuring an Fwknop server.

Is this deliberately contrasting "multiple" versus "single"?  If it
is, I don't quite understand the point it's trying to make (how many
interfaces would you normally expect to use?); if not, it should
probably avoid giving that impression.

Also, are the "multiple Fwknop configurations" client-side ones or
are both halves of this talking about server configuration?

Guessing, maybe it should be just:

   This application provides a front-end for maintaining Fwknop client
   configurations, as well as an Fwknop server configuration wizard.

>  .
>  It supports exporting saved configuration data to a QR code format
>  readable by the Android client, as well as to the .fwknoprc format
>  readable by the command line client.

I'd better get some sleep before I try to produce a revised version.